Monday, 20 February 2012

Kazakhstan and back again

Well I've been in Kazakhstan for a week at the ever growing Astana Media Centre.  A small group of us went out on 12th February via our usual route London Heathrow to Astana via Frankfurt.  Sadly our flight from Heathrow was delayed by 2 hours which meant we missed the connection to Astana.  We were told on the flight from Heathrow that we could still get it however we ran to the gate but just missed it!  A trip to the Lufthansa Service Centre desk and we were booked onto an Air Astana flight by the extremely helpful service staff.  This meant a change of terminal and a hunt around the airport but we eventually found where we need to be.  Air Astana was the airline we had been trying to avoid however despite the plane being older than the Lufthansa equivalent and a bit less specious the flight was actually pretty good.

So a week working on the play out system at AMC and then home again.  Strikes by German Air Traffic Control have hit me and although I've made it to Frankfurt my connection to Heathrow is cancelled.  I actually knew this already as I checked before i left the hotel last night.  A quick call home and Lisa managed to call Lufthansa customer service who immediately booked me onto a later flight.  I'm now all checked in and just awaiting for my 1340 flight to London.  A few hours delay but at least I'm going home!

No comments:

Post a Comment