Thursday, 31 July 2014

It's been 9 months

It’s been a while now since the last post.  Probably over 9 months.  I did write on the iPad but it doesn’t look like it published correctly.

Well it’s now 31st July 2014.  Almost a year since my surgery!  Things are getting much better now.  The scar is healed pretty well and the pain has of course gone.  The only time’s it’s noticeable are if you eat a bit too much you feel a bit sore and also when sitting up from laying down.  That still hurts a lot.

I’ve been back to hospital several times this year.  I’ve seen the guys in Liver Outpatients again and they are happy and have a CT scan (with contrast) booked early September with follow up on that mid September.  I’ve also seen an Endocrinologist for the other growth on my Adrenal gland.  They are pretty happy this is nothing bad but after an initial consultation suggest it’s generating a hormone making me absorb too much salt.  The book me in for a saline suppression test which apparently either confirms or denies this.  

I had the test mid-june and it’s pretty boring as it’s a 4 hour visit where the simply insert a cannula and let 2 litres of saline pass through you over the 4 hours.  They take blood samples before and after and can apparently tells what’s going on from the results.  I have a follow up on this mid October so we shall see then.  The consultant is very good as he understands I’m in no rush for further surgery right now and he doesn’t seem to suggest I’ll need any as maybe it could be treated on the blood pressure drugs but maybe in the long run it’s best to remove whatever it is.  They say it could probably done via keyhole so much better than fully open like before.

No comments:

Post a Comment