Tuesday, 13 December 2016

13 December 2016 - Xmas Countdown

Well it’s now the 13th of December and the countdown to Christmas is well under way.  It’s a mild day but seems dull and dreary.  

The decorations are well and truly up and we’re are deep in the Christmas party season.  On Thursday I’m off to one at Bond In Motion in Covent Garden which is being hosted by Snell Advanced Media (SAM).  They are a good crowd there’ll be plenty of opportunity to catch up with old friends and industry colleagues.

Work is quietening down now and we’re into Xmas change freeze from Thursday @ 1800 so w’ell be entering the most reliable period of the year that 2-3 weeks over xmas where nobody tinkers with the toys for fear of a xmas call-out!

At the moment I’m in another Starbucks again, this time at Clapham Common.  II come every Tuesday as I have a meeting in Clapham at 1900 and I’m always between an hour to 30 minutes early so come here for some coffee and wifi.  It’s generally quite crowded and could be a little bigger however I guess retail space is a premium here.  The pat few times I’ve been here I’ve been paying more attention to the people around me and each time there has been a lady almost next to me who teaches language lessons in here, it’s actually quite funny that whilst I’ve seen people have informal business meetings in coffee shops before I’ve never actually seen anybody holding a classroom to paying customers!  Still why not ‘eh?  I. Guess it’s convenient to both her and her customers…… None of whom seem to buy a coffee though. 

Below is a couple of pics to show you general view.

Starbucks 1Starbucks 2

 

It’s amazing it seems to be possible to make a coffee last an hour but somehow it stays just about warm and just about drinkable.  After this it’s my meeting for 50 minutes, then I rush to the tube, to make a connecting tube at Stockwell to Brixton then shoot across to the mainline station for my train home.  I’ve driven it a few ties but amazingly catching 2 tubes and a train is only about 5 minutes longer……that is as long as I get picked up from the station.

No comments:

Post a Comment