Wednesday, 23 October 2013

The Outpatients Appointment

Well the liver outpatients department was very busy when we arrived.  A late morning appointment can mean a wait as obviously delays can build up where appointments over run.  I arrive about 20 minutes early and as usual go through the usual process of being weighed and having my blood pressure taken.  I then wait until it's my turn to see my consultant.  The appointment is delayed by around 45 minutes but no problems.  

It's then my turn and we go into the consultants room for an amazingly short meeting.  He asks how I am and has a feel around my scar, which is healing nicely, and then says all good I'll see you in 6 months.  The nurse says she will arrange for the appointment and we leave.  On the way out I pop back down to Dawson ward which is where I stayed and drop of a card of thanks and some chocolates.  It's the least I can do really given how great they were to me during my stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment